SUMMARY of CHANGE AR 600–8–22 Military Awards
This administrative revision, dated 11 April 2019—
* Supersedes Army Directive 2013-27, Army Instructor Badges and Personnel Development Skill
Identifiers for Instructors in the Noncommissioned Officer Education System, dated 9 December
2013 (paras 1–32c(17)(a) and 8-23).
This major revision, dated 5 March 2019—
* Clarifies U.S. Army Human Resources Command, Awards and Decorations Branch, responsibility
for processing awards (para 1–7e(3)).
* Updates guidance on time limitations for submission of award recommendations (para 1–14).
* Provides updated guidance for lost award recommendations (1–15).
* Clarifies guidance on duplication of awards (para 1–19).
* Updates guidance and procedures for revocation of awards, badges, and tabs
(paras 1–30, 1–31, and 1–32).
* Incorporates Army Directive 2013–27 (Army Instructor Badges and Personnel Development
Skill Identifiers for Instructors in the Noncommissioned Officer Education System) and adds the
newly established Army Instructor Badges and awarding and rescinding authority (paras 1–32c
(17)(a) and 8–23).
* Updates guidance and procedures for awards to foreign military personnel and the table of
approval authorities for U.S. decoration for foreign military personnel (para 1–38 and table 1–2).
* Updates criteria and procedures for award of the Purple Heart guidance (para 2–8).
* Adds information on the categories of Campaign, Expeditionary, and Service Medals (para 2–9).
* Adds the newly established Inherent Resolve Campaign Medal (para 2–19).
* Updates criteria and operations for the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary and Service
Medals (paras 2–20 and 2–21).
* Adds Operation OAKEN STEEL as an authorized operation for award of the Armed Forces
Service Medal (table 2–6).
* Updates and clarifies criteria and type of service for award of the Humanitarian Service Medal
* Clarifies guidance and procedures for awarding the Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
* Updates guidance for delegation of peacetime and wartime awards approval authority
(paras 3–6 and 3–7).
* Updates guidance for Stability operations (para 3–8).
* Provides additional guidance for award of the Bronze Star Medal for meritorious service
* Incorporates Army Directive 2017–20 (Timeliness of Valor Award Recommendations) (hereby
superseded) to add new criteria regarding timely processing of Medal of Honor and other Valor
awards (para 3–21).
* Updates numerals and criteria for the Noncommissioned Officer Professional
Development Ribbon (table 5–1).
* Adds guidance for the implementation of the newly created “C” and “R” devices
(paras 6–6 and 6–7, respectively).
* Updates criteria and clarifies guidance for award and processing of the Combat Infantryman,
Medical, and Action Badges (paras 8–6, 8–7, and 8–8, respectively).
* Updates guidance and combines paragraphs for the Aviation Badges (para 8–13).
* Adds the newly established Military Horseman Identification Badge (para 8–33).
* Reauthorizes award of the Gold Recruiter Badge (para 8–35b).
* Adds guidance for acceptance and wear of Foreign Badges and Decorations (table 9–2).
* Prescribes DA Form 7777 (Center for Initial Military Training Graduation Certificate) (para 10–3).
* Adds the online availability of unit citations and campaign participation registers (para B–3).
* Incorporates DA Pam 672–1 and DA Pam 672–3 (hereby superseded)
Download Army Regulation AR 600-8-22 Military Awards >>
|Revision of AR 600-8-22 Military Awards Dated 5 March 2019
Revision of AR 600-8-22 Military Awards Dated 5 March 2019
This is not a government sponsored website any information contained here is for reference only and
should not be taken as legal advice always consult an attorney before making any legal decisions
Army NCO Counseling Pack All in one Updated April 2019
Counseling Soldiers has always been a challenge for new Noncommissioned
Officers so our team of NCOs has created over 60 Counseling Statement
Examples with updated forms and regulations to provide all NCOs the best
resource needed to produce clean and to the point counseling statements.
Product features include:
- Over 60 Counseling Statement Examples in PDF Format
- Free Quarterly Updates sent to you by Email
- 24/7 Support via Email and Live Chat
- Download to your Smart Phone or Tablet so you can work anywhere
- Includes the Army Legal Handbook, Senior NCO and NCOER Guides
- Money Back Guarantee
New Product Sale $9.99 (Retail $59.99)
Time remaining to Order at sale price
Late For Duty
Under Age Drinking
Failure to Report
Diagnostic APFT Failure
Low APFT Score Prior to BLC
Overweight Prior to BLC
Failure to Conduct Risk Assessment
Disobeying an Order
Drunk on Duty
Letter of Reprimand
Negligent Weapons Discharge
Improper Use of Prescription Drugs
Off Limits Areas
No Contact Order
Family Care Plan
Initial Counseling PVT-SPC
Loss Military Property
Lost Military ID Card
Bar To Reenlist
Government Travel Card
Initial Family Care Plan
Invalid Family Care Plan
NCO Quarterly Counseling
AWOL Letter Home
AWOL Point Paper
GT Score Improvement
Off Duty Employment
Good Job Counseling
Good Conduct Medal Not Approved
Failure to Follow the Chain of Command
Includes the following Counseling Examples: