How to Appeal an Article 15

Naughty Military personnel from all services receive punishment under article 15 of the UCMJ on a daily basis whether it is
under age drinking or going AWOL the Article 15 is the weapon of choice for punishing the offenders. This page provides a
quick overview of
how to appeal an article 15 and I highly encourage you to talk to your local JAG office if you have not
done so already as they will give you the adequate guidance for your particular situation

The Offender can request to
appeal an article 15 on DA Form 2627 or DA Form 2627-1. The Offender may submit
documents supporting the appeal and/or request a personal appearance before the appellate authority. When the request
for appeal is made, the request must be made within a reasonable amount of time after the imposition of punishment
The Commander may decide to mitigate, remit, suspend, or set aside punishment. If the imposing Commander modifies
punishment, the offender may withdraw or continue with the appeal

Please get all of your facts straight and contact the legal office before you make any decisions.

See also
Punishment under article 15  and Article 15 guide
How to appeal an article 15
Custom Search
Custom Search
This is not a government sponsored website any information contained here is for reference only and
should not be taken as legal advice always consult an attorney before making any legal decisions
Share |
Contact us
Appeal article 15
Article 15 guide
Article 15 Appeals
Article 15 Maximum Punishment

Adoption by Military Personnel
Adoption in Korea
Advance Medical Directives

Applying for Citizenship
Army Family Support Requirements
Credit Report Disputes

Divorce and Separation
Getting Sued
How do I make someone my dependent

Identity theft
Immigrant Visa for Military Spouse

Power of Attorney
Service Members Civil Relief Act (SCRA)

Your Attorney Military or Civilian?